search tab search tab Art Valdez Leo Oracion Pastour Emata Janet Sardena Carina Dayondon Noelle Wenesclao Dr. Ted Esguerra Fred Jamili Voltaire Velasco
Date Posted: 10/20/10

October 20, 2010 - Waiting for weather to clear

By: Arturo Valdez

5:51PM - We will wait for the weather to clear up and start moving towards Ha Tien in Vietnam for immigration clearance and will push towards an opening of the Mekong River system that leads to Ho Chi Minh City. Hope we can reach there before Oct 29-31.

We have explored a possible immigration entry to Vietnam in Ha Tien, along a river in south Vietnam but still inside the Gulf of Thailand before we turn northwest towards Vung Tau which we will try to avoid as a harbor, if we find an earlier river opening to Saigon. The port at Vung Tau charges anchorage fees of $600/boat.

Ouradvance party (Janet) traveled by land today to Ha Tien to confirm arrangements for our disembarkation protocols inside Vietnam.

All blog comments will be under the approval of the blogger.

First Name:

Email:

Comment:

Blog Comments